Reliance Jio, the new telecom entrant, has been fighting incumbent telecom operators like Vodafone, Airtel, Idea and others since the day the company revealed its market altering pricing offers. Even the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) recently wrote to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), stating that incumbent telecom operators are not obliged to provide interconnect points to Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849.
Now, in a fresh tussle between the Mukesh Ambani led Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849, and incumbent telcos, the former has accused the latter of allegedly denying mobile number portability (MNP) requests of users who want to switch to Jio’s 4G-only network. As per reports, Reliance Jio has written to TRAI Chairman, RS Sharma calling the actions of Airtel, Vodafone and Idea, “illegal and perverse”. Jio has also accused the incumbent telcos of flouting the current licensing regime and has advised the regulator to cancel their licenses if such practices continue to persist.
"It is important to note that this is being done in blatant disregard to license terms and their obligations under the Telecommunication Mobile Number Portability Regulations, 2009 and Trai directions," Reliance noted. The company added, “the incumbent dominant operators have rejected all the requests made for porting between September 9 and September 12.”
MNP is not the only problem Reliance Jio is facing currently. If is also finding it difficult to get interconnect points from incumbent telcos, and is facing an unprecedented surge in the number of sign-up requests, which they apparently cannot service. It is on a daily basis that we at Digit get emails from Jio users still awaiting service activation and suffering call drop issues.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures