Reliance Jio has updated its Rs 153 prepaid recharge for the JioPhone to offer extra 500MB data daily. Recharging with the plan, the feature phone customers can now avail 1GB of daily 4G data along with unlimited local and STD calls, free SMSes and unrestricted access to Jio’s suite of apps like JioTV, Jio Cinema and more for 28 days.
Apart from the refreshed plan, Jio has also introduced two new sachet packs for the JioPhone. Both the Rs 24 and Rs 54 sachet packs offers 500MB high speed data per day, but with 20 and 70 free SMSes at a validity of 2 days and 7 days respectively. The two plans offer free calling, unlimited data (capped at 64Kbps) and complimentary access to Jio apps for two days.
It should be noted that the new sachet plans and the refreshed prepaid packs will only work if the Jio SIM is inserted into a JioPhone. The new recharge plans are exclusive for the device, however, Jio Phone users are allowed to recharge with any plan being offered by the telco. The revamped Rs 153 recharge offers the same amount of data as Rs 149 pack, which is available for regular users.
Jio had recently slashed data rates across its prepaid plans for its subscribers. The telco now offers two new options for those recharging with its 1GB daily data plans. As per their requirements, users can either opt for a Rs 50 discount while recharging with the plans or get 50 percent extra data benefits. All the affected 1GB daily data plans still offer free calls and texts along with unrestricted access to Jio’s suite of apps like JioChat, JioCinema, JioTV, and more. You can read more about the offer here.
An exclusive offer for Prime customers called “More than 100 percent cashback” was also announced by the network operator. Under the new offer, customers will receive a Rs 700 cashback while recharging their SIM with prepaid plans priced Rs 398 or above. The cashback is split into Jio cashback vouchers worth Rs 400 and Rs 300 on select digital wallets, which will be instantly credited back into a user’s account. The offer is valid until January 31. You can read more about it here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures