Reliance Jio is expected to launch its fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) service next month around Diwali. Now, a report claims that the company might tie-up with Den Networks for the launch of its fiber broadband service. The report comes after Company Law Tribunal notified Den Networks to spin off its broadband business into a wholly owned subsidiary.
Both the companies issued statements that they won't comment on market speculation, but Den Networks indicates that it is interested in tie-up or an agreement rather than an outright sale of its business. "The company, as a running enterprise considers/evaluates various options to grow our business and strengthen our market position and engage in discussions in this behalf," it said.
Den Networks is competing against Hathway's in the home broadband segment and it is said to have only around 2 lakh broadband subscribers. The revenue from its broadband business is substantially smaller than its total revenue. In order to stay competitive, Den Networks might sell a substantial stake in its broadband subsidiary to Reliance Industries.
Jio plans to offer fiber-to-the-home connections in some regions and cable broadband in other places. By partnering Den Networks, it stands to benefit by offering services to a large number. It remains to be seen whether Jio partners wooth Den ahead of the launch of its fiber service.
reliance jioWhere to buy 1300 7849 has completed a year as a telecom operator, following the launch of its services in September last year. The company has managed to add over 130 million subscribers since its launch and has even diversified its offering with the launch of JioPhone, a 4G feature phone aimed at over 500 million feature phone users in the country.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures