Airtel and Idea are both ramping up competition for Reliance Jio. The incumbent telecom operators are introducing new plans to attract more subscribers almost on a daily basis. Now, in a bid to outgrow Reliance Jio’s ballooning subscriber base, both Airtel and Idea have introduced a new Rs 495 plan in direct competition to Jio’s Rs 399 plan.
Airtel and Idea’s Rs 495 plan is for new subscribers only and offers 1GB of 4G data daily, along with unlimited calls for a validity of 84 days. When it comes to unlimited calling, Airtel and Idea are limiting the duration of these calls to 300 minutes per day and 1,200 minutes per week with the new Rs 495 plan. In comparison, Reliance JioWhere to buy 1329’s Rs 399 plan also offers 1GB of 4G data per day and unlimited calling for 84 days, however, new members subscribing to Jio’s service with this plan will have to pay Rs 99 extra for JioPrime membership bringing the entire cost of Jio’s Rs 399 plan to Rs 498.
There are multiple competing plans that Airtel and Jio have to offer for their prepaid customers. Airtel recently introduces a new festive plan for Rs 799 offering 3GB 3G/4G data daily along with unlimited local and STD calls for a period of 28 days.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures