A couple of days ago, Airtel revised its Rs 149 and Rs 399 prepaid plans to offer additional data for select consumers. Reliance Jio has taken note and in retaliation, has announced a new “Double Dhamaka” offer for its consumers. Under the new scheme, Jio users will get to avail an additional 1.5GB 4G data per day if they recharge with any of the daily-recurring data plans. Additionally, the telco is also offering a discount of Rs 100 on all recharges priced at or above Rs 300 and a 20 percent discount on all daily-refreshed prepaid plans, while recharging via the MyJio app and paying using PhonePe wallet. It should be noted that the offer is only applicable when one recharges their connection with any of the eligible plans in the month of June.
The new offer will go live starting at 4PM on June 12 and can be availed till June 30. With this new offer, the Rs 149 prepaid plan by Jio can be availed at an effective price of Rs 120, whereas the Rs 399 pack is discounted to Rs 299. Customers will also get to avail 3GB data per day on both the plans, along with unlimited calling, SMS and unrestricted access to Jio’s suite of apps with a validity of 28 days and 84 days, respectively. “Jio maintains its Everyday More Value (EDMV) promise committed at the time of the launch of its services, which states that every Jio user will get the BEST TARIFFS in the industry, always. The EDMV promise assures that Jio users will always get MORE BENEFITS than any other operator in the industry,” Jio said in a release shared with Digit.in
Jio has also compared some of its most popular recharge options against Airtel’s. After the new offer, the telco has highlighted its plans priced at Rs 98, Rs 399, Rs 448 and Rs 499 plans, which now offer more data and benefits in comparison with Airtel’s similarly priced prepaid plans.
Airtel recently bumped up the bundled data with its Rs 149 and Rs 399 prepaid plans to offer 2GB and 2.4GB of daily data respectively, up from previously offered 1GB and 1.4GB of data per day. Even though these recharge options were reportedly available for select consumers, the telco was offering more data than Jio’s recharge options, which are similarly priced. However, with this new offer, it seems like Jio has again taken the lead on Airtel when it comes to providing more value for money recharge options. It remains to be seen how Airtel responds to the competition.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures