Reliance Jio has extended its Prime membership subscription for its existing customers at no cost. Users who are already Jio Prime members will be able to avail the telcos complementary services like extra data, free access to Jio apps and more, without needing to pay additional costs. It should be noted that the complimentary one-year subscription is a limited time offer and existing Jio prime users need to download the MyJio App and “express their interest” to get receive the benefit, says Jio.
We checked the MyJio app on our connection and found a new banner displaying free renewal of Prime Membership. One needs to tap on 'Get Now' button and they will be redirected to a page where the user will be able to raise a request for availing free Prime membership. You can take a look at the images below, which describe the process.
However, new subscribers who are joining the Prime on or after April 1 will need to pay a Rs 99 fee for availing exclusive membership benefits. Under the Jio Prime membership, users get extra data as compared to non-prime members and exclusive free access to the company’s suite of apps like JioCinema, JioMusic, JioTV and more. The company also reiterates its promise of providing 20-50 percent more value to Jio Prime users.
In its press release Jio says, “Jio deeply values its loyal PRIME members and will continue to deliver additional benefits and superior value to these founding members. The continued availability of the Jio Prime Membership to new subscribers reiterates Jio’s commitment to deliver a differentiated Digital Life experience to Indians and will propel this into the world’s largest loyalty programme.”
The company had also recently announced a new Rs 2,200 instant cashback for its Prime members who are purchasing the recently launched Nokia 1 smartphone. Alongside the cashback, users will also receive an additional 60GB 4G data after activating the device. For doing so, they need to perform a prepaid recharge worth Rs 198 or Rs 299 and the Rs 2,200 cashback will be credited into their MyJio account in the form of 44 vouchers (each worth Rs 50). The offer is valid from March 28, 2018 till March 31, 2019.
There are some conditions for availing the benefits of the Jio-Nokia 1 offer. A user needs to perform the initial activation recharge on or before June 30, 2018 and as mentioned before, they will also receive, for six subsequent recharges, a 4G data voucher of 10GB. The data voucher will also be credited to a users' accounts within 48 hours of recharge. There are some more terms and conditions to the offer, which you can read in detail here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures