Police have arrested a 35-year-old computer science dropout for his alleged involvement in the Reliance Jio data leak case. According to a report by PTI, the accused goes by the nickname ‘Imran Chhipa’ and was arrested in the Churu district in Rajasthan. The report notes that Chhipa is a resident of the town of Sujangarh and created the website ‘magicapk.com’ where all the user information was posted. The website was registered by Godaddy in May this year, and was taken down soon after reports of the data leak surfaced.
"We have seized the computer and other devices used by him to leak the data and he will be thoroughly interrogated. A team of Mumbai Police led by ACP Deepak Dhole had reached Churu district after tracking the IP address and will interrogate Chhipa,” Police told PTI. Analysis by the Maharashtra Cyber Police led investigators to locate where the suspected data breach occurred. It was also noted that the suspect’s computer, mobile, and storage devices have been seized and sent for investigation.
To recall, personal information such as name, email addresses and Aadhar numbers of reliance jioWhere to buy 1360 8954 users were leaked earlier this week. While Jio had claimed that the information displayed on the website (Magicapk) was unverified, unsubstantiated, and unauthentic, our own investigation suggested that the information displayed on the website was accurate. A preliminary report by Jio claimed that the company’s own apps and sites were secure, and were not responsible for the leak, which may have happened from a vendors’ end. The leak is believed to be the biggest leak suffered by an Indian telecom company to date.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures