Nokia is reportedly working with Bharti Airtel and state-owned operator BSNL for introducing 5G networks in India. According to The Economic Times, Nokia has signed a new memorandum of understanding (MoU) with leading telecom player Airtel, and BSNL for 5G transformation.
Nokia's MoU is meant to introduce 5G in India and prepare operators for widespread 5G deployment. Nokia will also define different use cases relevant for the Indian market. "It is more of a preparatory phase for getting into 5G. The commercial launch of 5G technology is likely to take place around 2019-2020 globally," Sanjay Malik, head of India market at Nokia, told ET.
In order to discover stakeholder requirements for 5G in India, Nokia is setting up an experience centre within its research and development center in Bengaluru. With the new pact, the Finnish telecom equipment maker is pushing its efforts to help the country adopt to the latest technology standard.
Nokia recently announced that it is collaborating with Intel for 5G, and at the Mobile World Congress, reliance jioWhere to buy 2699 signed an agreement with Samsung to push for 5G adoption. With most global telecom players already preparing for 4.5G rollout, India is still making progress towards 4G and 3G, while 2G is still used actively by many. However, the government is working to bring 5G to India at the same time as other global markets, marking a significant improvement in the push for better connectivity standards.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures