After Huawei scored a three year managed services contract worth $220mn for telecom operator Vodafone, it is now Nokia’s turn to boast of a $230 million contract to update Airtel’s 4G network across India. With this deal Nokia has become the largest supplier of 4G services for Bharti Airtel.
The Finnish communications company will be setting up 4GWhere to buy 3083 infrastructure for Bharti Airtel in nine circles across India including - Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Rest of Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Mumbai, Maharashtra, Kerala and UP East. “This network expansion will provide the capacity, coverage and speed the company needs to meet the next wave of data demand in India,” Sanjay Malik, India Head for Nokia, said in a statement. Responding to the same, Bharti Airtel stated, “We are pleased to continue to leverage Nokia’s leading radio access technology and services expertise to expand 4G capacity and coverage and further increase the quality of service for subscribers.”
The deal value for this Nokia-Airtel partnership has not been disclosed officially, but sources told PTI that it is estimated to be around $230mn. Along with increasing Airtel’s 4GWhere to buy 3083 presence, Nokia will also be expanding the telecom operator’s 3G network in “eight of the territories as part of this rollout and modernization of legacy 2G BTS.”
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures