Idea has refreshed its Rs 309 recharge plan and instead of 1GB, users will now get 1.5GB of 4G data per day. Along with 50 percent increased data, the prepaid plan also offers unlimited local and STD calling along with free 100 daily SMSes and comes with a validity of 28 days. Customers recharging via the Idea app or the company’s web portal will also get 1GB of extra data for 28 days.
Under the revised Rs 309 pack, the outgoing calls are capped at 250 minutes per day and 1,000 minutes per week. Users will be charged 1p per second and Rs 1 per local SMS after exhausting the FUP on calls and SMSes respectively. Additionally, users will get free outgoing calls on roaming as well.
This updated prepaid plan by Idea rivals Jio’s recently launched Rs 299 recharge. Jio’s Rs 299 prepaid plan offers 2GB of daily high-speed 4G data clubbed with free calls, SMS, and access to Jio apps such as JioTV, Jio Cinema and more. The Rs 309 recharge plan by Idea also competes against Jio’s Rs 309 plan, which offers 1GB of 4G data per day along with unlimited national calls and access to the aforementioned Jio apps for 49 days.
Jio recently announced two new prepaid plans priced at Rs 199 and Rs 299 as its "Happy New Year 2018" plans. The Rs 199 recharge offers 1.2GB of 4G data per day along with free local and STD calls, texts and unrestricted access to Jio apps. The Rs 299 recharge has already been detailed above. You can read more about the new Jio plans here.
Airtel and Vodafone also have a prepaid plan which is priced at Rs 199. Under the recharge, both telcos offer 1GB of 4G/3G data for 28 days along with free voice calls, which are limited to 300 minutes per day and 1200 minutes every week for Airtel users and 250 minutes per day and 1000 minutes a week for Vodafone subscribers. It should be noted that these plans are only available in select circles and a user should check before recharging.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures