Idea has announced a new cashback offer for both its prepaid and postpaid customers to rival jio’s new 'Football Offer'. The telco is offering its subscribers a cashback of Rs 2,000 when they buy a new 4G smartphone of any brand. However, there are some terms and condition one needs to follow, to be eligible for the cashback. Note that the offer is valid till April 30, 2018.
Under the offer, an Idea Prepaid user needs to perform a recharge of Rs 199 or above consecutively for 18 months (cumulative recharge worth Rs 3,000) to receive an initial cashback of Rs 750. Then, they have to once again recharge their connection with cumulative recharges amounting to Rs 3,000 over a period of 18 months for receiving a Rs 1,250 cashback. Summing up the offer, one needs to perform recharges worth Rs 6,000 over a period of 36 months or three years for receiving the Rs 2,000 cashback.
Idea postpaid customers can also avail the offer by subscribing to any Nirvana voice combo plan starting at Rs 389 for the entire duration of 36 months.
“The primary barrier for 4G adoption has been 4G handset affordability. The focus is on upgrading the customer to 4G by making 4G handsets more affordable. We are targeting this communication to all customers intending to buy a new 4G smartphone.” said Sashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer of Idea Cellular. “Idea’s new cashback offer provides freedom of choice to the customers to use the 4G device of their liking and affordability, as the offer can be availed on 4G smartphones of all brands”
It is not known how the cashback will be credited back to a user and we speculate that It could be paid back in form of vouchers, same as Jio. Reliance Jio recently announced a new "Jio Football offer’ for their customers and is offering a cashback of Rs 2,200 on a range of eligible smartphones by manufacturers like Samsung, Motorola, Asus, Xiaomi and more. You can read more about the Jio offer here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures