Bharti Airtel has announced a new prepaid plan priced at Rs 249 under which its user will get unlimited local and STD calls, 2GB of 4G data per day along with 100 SMS per day for 28 days. Alongside the new prepaid pack, the company has also revamped its Rs 349 recharge which now offers 3GB 4G data per day, along with unlimited local, STD and roaming calls, and 100 SMS per day. It previously offered the same benefits but with lower 2GB daily data. With both the recharges, one doesn’t really get truly unlimited calling as it’s capped at 300 minutes per day and 1,000 minutes a week, and the user will have to pay 30 paisa per minute after crossing it. The plans are available in the telcos Delhi NCR and Maharashtra circle, but one is advised to check before performing the recharge.
This new recharge by Airtel comes soon after it rolled out the Rs 499 prepaid plan. The recharge is aimed at users who want more data per day for a longer period of time. The recharge offers ‘unlimited’ free local and STD calls with free roaming, which is capped at 300 minutes per day and 1,000 minutes in a week. After exhausting the free calling minutes, Airtel subscribers will be charged at 30 paise per minute. It also comes with 2GB of 4G data per day with 100 SMS and a validity of 82 days.
The new plan by Airtel seems to have been a response to Reliance Jio’s Rs 251 Cricket Pack, which offers 102 GB 4G data with unlimited calling and access to Jio’s suite of apps for 51 days. Jio announced the new recharge just before IPL 2018 commenced, along with its "Cricket Play Along Festival" where one can use the MyJio app for participating in contests for winning cash prizes, a "premium" house in Mumbai, 25 cars, and more.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures