India's 4G subscriber base will reach 10-15 million by Dec 2015, driven by superior network experience, competitive pricing and launch if affordable smartphones in the country, according to a PwC report.
PwC India shared its report on top trends and wish list for Indian telecom industry in 2015, and stated that in 2915 multiple Indian players will launch 4GWhere to buy 3083 on a more efficient 1,800 MHz spectrum and subscribers will adopt 4G whole-heartedly to satiate their need for mobile data.
PwC India report stated. "We expect 4GWhere to buy 3083 LTE subscribers to reach 10-15 million by December 2015 driven by competitive pricing, superior network experience and affordable smartphones." The report added that LTE will also become mainstream in the country.
PwC Leader Telecom Arpita Pal Agrawal stated, "In 2015, we will witness multiple Indian players launching 4GWhere to buy 3083 on a more efficient 1800MHz spectrum and Indians subscribers will adopt 4G wholeheartedly to satiate their need for mobile data."
The report also stated that the Governments Digital India initiative will make Public Wi-Fi a reality and there will be significant spurt in Wi-Fi hotspots driven by both Government “Smart Cities” and private sector initiatives.
"India will see a significant spurt in Wi-Fi hotspots driven by both government 'smart cities and 'Digital India' and private sector initiatives."
The firm stated that intense competition will be seen in the telecom industry due to delayed merger and acquisition (M&A) activities. "With new network launches expected in 2015, rapidly growing data market will witness intense price competition and will rekindle memories of 2010 voice led price wars," it said.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures