Idea Cellular has revised its Rs 357 plan just a day after Airtel announced revisions to its Rs 349 plan. Idea’s updated offer comes at time when telecom operators in India are engrossed in a cut-throat tariff war sparked by Reliance Jio.
Idea’s revised Rs 357 plan now offers unlimited calling, free roaming on outgoing calls, 1GB of 2G/3G/4G data and 100 free SMS per day for a validity period of 28 days. The offer is open to both new and existing Idea subscribers. Customers can recharge with the new plan through the My Idea app, the Idea website or any local recharge outlet.
Airtel also revised its Rs 349 recharge plan for prepaid customers just yesterday. The new Airtel Rs 349 plan will now gives prepaid subscribers unlimited local and STD calls, free outgoing on roaming calls, 100 free SMS/day, along with 1GB data per day for 28 days. The company also revised its other Rs 549, Rs 499, and Rs 399 plans.
Idea Cellular came in third as far as average 4G download speeds for the month of September are concerned. With average download speeds of upto 9.05 Mbps, Idea lost out to Reliance Jio and Vodafone, but beat Airtel. However, In terms of 4G upload speeds, Idea outperformed other operators by offering up to 6.3 Mbps, followed by Vodafone at 5.9 Mbps
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures