Idea has announced the roll out of e-KYC based activations for prepaid and postpaid customers. The service is available across 22 circles in India. This system allows user to avail instant verification using their ‘Aadhaar’ number that enables quicker SIM activation. The company says that the facility for enabling biometric verification of customers is being rolled out in exclusive Idea stores and will be extended to multi-branded prepaid outlets in a phased manner. The pan-India rollout of e-KYC comes after a successful pilot in Delhi that was done in association with UIDAI and as per DoT guidelines. This facility is not applicable for bulk, outstation and foreign customers.
Read the complete press release below
Idea Cellular, India’s fastest growing telecom operator has announced the roll out of ‘electronic – Know Your Customer (e-KYC)’ based activations for both Prepaid and Postpaid customers across its service centres in 22 circles. The pan-India roll-out of e-KYC has been enabled after the successful pilot by Idea in Delhi circle, in association with UIDAI, and as per the DoT guidelines.
The e-KYC solution allows users to avail instant verification using their ‘Aadhaar’ Number, enabling quicker SIM activation.
The facility for enabling biometric verification of customers is being rolled out across all exclusive Idea stores, and will be extended to multi-branded prepaid outlets, in a phased manner.
Speaking about the initiative, Mr. Navanit Narayan, Chief Service Delivery Officer, Idea Cellular said, “The roll-out of paperless and completely digital mode of customer acquisition based on ‘Aadhaar’, is in line with Idea’s customer centric approach. It will ensure quicker customer acquisition and greater convenience for new customers. This is also a step towards achieving a greener environment through reduced paper usage and is key to enabling the vision of Digital India by facilitating many e-Governance services to be rolled out in future.”
Customers can now walk in to any Idea Company Retail Store or My Idea outlet and avail a fast, paperless and secured activation service for both postpaid and prepaid, using the Aadhaar No. and biometric verification process.
The e-KYC process is in addition to the existing format of issuance of mobile connection to subscribers and is not be applicable for bulk, outstation and foreign customers.
Other Popular Deals
- Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (May 2018)14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures