Telecom service provider Idea Cellular on Wednesday said that the company will launch its Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) services for its employees from March 1 in 30 cities. "Idea VoLTE services will be launched in over 30 cities across four circles...in the first half of March," the company said in a statement.
In the first phase, Idea will roll out VoLTE services in Maharashtra and Goa, Kerala, Gujarat, and Andhra Pradesh and Telangana in the first-half of March, the statement said. Commercial services will be launched progressively, on a circle to circle basis, it added.
"Idea plans to cover all 20 4G circles with VoLTE services by the end of April 2018," it said. "Huawei has already released Over-the-Air (OTA) update for select devices, while One Plus and Xiaomi will be releasing it soon, enabling their users to experience Idea VoLTE," it added. The company said it is partnering with several handset manufacturers to ensure availability of Idea VoLTE capable devices in the market, prior to the commercial launch.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures