There seems to be no end to the hostilities between Reliance Jio and the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI). According to a report by PTI, representatives of COAI were kept out of the meeting between telcos and the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI). The Director General of COAI, Rajan S Mathews stated that the body was “kept out of the Trai meeting at the insistence of reliance jioWhere to buy 1300 7849 and Trai acquiesced to their demand, in an unprecedented manner.” However, a board member of Reliance Jio Infocomm who was present at the meeting told PTI said that they did not make such a request.
TRAI had called a meeting with telecom operators to resolve the ongoing dispute between Reliance Jio and the current operators over interconnecting joints. A few days ago, COAI wrote a letter to the Prime MInister’s Office (PMO) stating that incumbent telecom operators are not obliged provide interconnect points to Jio. The points are used to connect calls from one network to another. Reliance Chairman, Mukesh Ambani had criticised the association, especially its democratic functioning. Mathews had responded to the comments saying that the COAI is a fully democratic association and takes into account the views of all its member operators.
Other Popular Deals
- Best camera phones under Rs. 15,000 (May 2018)14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures