BSNL is offering 1GB free data to non-data users in an attempt to drive internet usage. The company is offering the free data to those who do not use internet services or own a BSNL GSM data pack. The new 1GB free data will be credited to non-internet users automatically on a pan-India basis and have a validity of 28 days
"On pan-India basis BSNL offers 1 GB free data for the smartphone users who are not using BSNL GSM data services. The intention of this offer is to promote number of Internet users in BSNL network," PTI report said quoting BSNL.
BSNL moves should not come as a surprise considering the recent consolidation in the Indian telecom space. With Vodafone merging its services with Idea Cellular and Reliance Communications following suit with its proposed merger with Aircel, BSNL is trying to position itself in the highly competitive space. BSNL had earlier announced a Rs 339 pack which offered 2GB data per day and unlimited calls within its own network. The plan counters similar offers from Reliance Jio, Airtel, Vodafone and others - which offer 1GB data per day.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures