BSNL has a new prepaid scheme because of which new subscribers can make 30 minutes of free voice calls, both local and STD daily to any other network. This is a monthly prepaid pack priced at Rs. 149. If you are an existing BSNL customers, worry not. You can get free unlimited calls for three months. But for this you will have to pay a lumpsum amount of Rs. 439.
Apart from the free calling, customers will also get 300MB of mobile data. This data will be available to both, the Rs. 439 plan and the Rs. 149 plan.
Both the BSNL plans are available pan India. The offer can be availed by those looking to port their number to BSNL too.
BSNL also launched three new prepaid offerings – STV26, Combo 2601 and Combo 6801. STV26 is priced at Rs. 26 and allows free local and STD voice calls on any network. The pack is valid for 26-hours. STV26 will be available between 25 and 31 January.
"We will bring out three offerings...The first one is a Special Tariff Voucher or STV 26, which offers unlimited free voice calls on any network when subscriber is in home circle during the 26-hour validity, while the other two offers provide 1.5 times and double the talktime, respectively. BSNL has always been a front-runner in providing better and economical services to all their customers and this is one of the many such endeavours. Customers are coming forward to get our service which has helped our company increase our market share by 1 percent since March 2015 even in these hyper competitive telecom services." BSNL Chairman and Managing Director, Anupam Shrivastava, told PTI.
The other two offerings, Combo 2601 and Combo 6801 will remain on offer till 31 March. Combo 2601 gives users 1.5 times the call value whereas the Combo 6801 offers double the talk time. Coming back to the Combo 2601, users will get Rs. 2,600 worth of talktime in their primary account along with Rs. 1,300 worth of talktime in their secondary account. The talktime for the secondary account is valid for three months. The main account which gets full talktime for Rs. 2,600 has no time limit on its usage.
The Combo 6801 offer works in the same way as the Combo 2601. The user gets Rs. 6,800 in the main account and a similar amount in the consumers' secondary account. This gives the consumer double the talktime. Sounds complicated? We agree.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures