BSNL has announced a new recharge pack that offers 2GB of data per day for 28 days at Rs 339. With this new recharge pack, BSNL is joining the telecom wars with Airtel, Vodafone and Idea to counter Reliance Jio's Prime membership Offer. BSNL is also offering unlimited local or STD calls within its network.
While most operators are offering unlimited calls to any network, BSNL's Rs 339 recharge pack limits it to 25 minutes per day. After 25 minutes, the calls to other networks will be charged at 25 paise per minute. "The benefits customer will get under the Combo STV (special tariff voucher) of Rs 339 are unlimited calls in BSNL network and unlimited data with fair use policy of 2 GB per day with validity of 28 days," BSNL told news agency PTI in a statement.
Since Reliance JioWhere to buy 1300 7849's announcement of their Prime offer, telecom service providers have once again started the fierce battle for cheapest data plans. Airtel, Vodafone and Idea offer 1GB data per day for 28 days at around Rs 350 while Jio's plans start at Rs 303 for Prime subscribers.
BSNL's offering for 2GB data per day is one of the best in the industry right now. However, its limited presence and unavailability in metro cities like Mumbai and Delhi needs to be factored in.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures