Stories around Reliance Jio board director Isha Ambani’s alleged confirmation of JioFiber plans were fake. The report was first seen on The Economic Times, who has since posted a corrigendum for the same, and removed the story from its online channels. The same was confirmed by spokespersons from Reliance Jio as well. The Twitter account in question is fake, as is the tweet and information provided.
The tweet in question had alleged that Reliance JioFiber will be offering users 100GB data at Rs. 500, and would begin services in 100 cities by Diwali.
Having said that, rumours about Reliance JioWhere to buy 1329 offering 100GB data for Rs. 500 on its broadband plans have been floating around for a while new. Various reports claiming the same have been seen online. It is worth noting that the viral tweet was not from Isha Ambani. However, we still expect Reliance Jio to offer attractive services when it does begin.
What we do know for now is that Jio’s fiber service is undergoing a pilot process in various cities, including Mumbai and Noida. The company hasn’t announced a clear launch date for its broadband services, but is expected to do so soon. We even have some speed test results from our colleagues in Mumbai, who have Jio’s broadband plans running in their colonies.
Furthermore, Jio’s broadband plans have been said to offer high FUP limits, to the tune of 1000GB when they begin. Given the company’s history so far, one could reasonably expect low price/high FUP plans, that would challenge mainstream ISPs, including Airtel, ACT Fibernet and others.
To learn more about Jio’s upcoming Fiber network, click here.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures