In its fourth victory since September 2016, incumbent telecom operator, Bharti Airtel trumped new telecom entrant Reliance Jio with the highest 4G data speeds in the month of January. Airtel clocked an average 4G data speed of 11.862 Mbps, while Reliance Jio clocked 4G data speeds of 8.345 Mbps.
Airtel is not the only one that beat Jio to the punch. Idea Cellular came in second with an average 4G data speed of 10.562 Mbps, followed by Vodafone India at 10.301 Mbps. This data was presented by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
Reliance JioWhere to buy 1280, the firebrand telecom entrant, had climbed to the top spot back in December, with a 4G speed of 18.146 Mbps, while Vodafone claimed the second spot at 9.666Mbps. Considering Airtel had slipped to the fourth position back in December 2016, the network seems to have made improvements to reach back on top.
The top four telecom operators are also currently engaged in a corporate battle over Reliance Jio’s extended new year offer. Reliance JioWhere to buy 1280 chief, Mukesh Ambani, announced just yesterday that the company has hit its target of 100 million users. A recent report by Truecaller also pointed out that Jio has managed to obtain 23% market share as far as user base is concerned, making Jio the second largest mobile network in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures