Jio heated up the competition in the telecom sector by offering its services at a lower price and forcing nearly all network provider to revamp their offerings. Airtel is doing the same with the newly introduced Rs 499 postpaid plan. Under the recharge, the telecom operators subscribers will avail unlimited local, STD and roaming calls along with 40GB 4G/3G data with rollover facility for the validity of one billing cycle, which is usually 30 days. Users will also get one year free subscription to Amazon prime along with additional benefits like free access to Wynk Music, Live TV and Music, and Handset Damage Protection.
The new Airtel postpaid plan is clearly aimed to take on Jio's Rs 509 postpaid recharge. The Jio plan offers 60GB of data over a month with a daily limit of 2GB. Users also get unlimited calling and SMS along with unrestricted access to Jio’s suite of apps like JioTV, JioCinema and more. However, users need to pay a Rs 600 security deposit for opting in the plan. Similar to the Jio plan, Airtel also has a pack priced at Rs 799 that comes with no daily limit.
Airtel also recently announced a long-term prepaid pack priced at Rs 995 which offers unlimited local, STD and roaming calls along with 1GB of 4g/3G data per month. They will also get 100 SMS messages per day and the plan’s validity is of 180 days. The new prepaid pack is available for Airtel’s select circles and consumers are advised to check the company’s official website before recharging.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures