Airtel and Symantec have announced a strategic partnership with the goal of tackling cyber threats and providing top of the line cyber security solutions to businesses in India. The partnership aims to address the challenges of the cloud generation with Symantec’s Integrated Cyber Defense Platform. It also aims to provide their customers with greater visibility, stronger protection and prevention, and better control of critical assets, users and data.
Gopal Vittal, MD & CEO, Bharti Airtel said, “Increasingly sophisticated cyber threats with a potential to disrupt business continuity are the new normal in today’s digitally connected world. Enterprises need to guard against these emerging threats and Airtel, with its experience in serving businesses with integrated connectivity solutions, is uniquely positioned to serve them. We are delighted to partner with Symantec and offer its world-class Integrated Cyber Defense Platform and solutions to customers in India. It will help us add value to our existing enterprise relationships and further consolidate our leadership position in the B2B space.”
Symantec’s CEO Greg Clark noted that there is an increasing threat in the cyber space and this partnership between Airtel and Symantec will prove beneficial for the businesses in India. He added, “The alliance is directed towards empowering businesses in order to protect their on-premise as well as fast growing cloud environment through every stage of an attack lifecycle by combining the broadest and deepest set of threat intelligence in the industry.”
This strategic partnership comes amidst the increased incidents of cyber attacks over the past few months. This includes the Petya and WannaCry ransomware incidents, which affected multiple systems all around the globe. Combating online threats is even more important now given the increased digitization through digital India.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures