Airtel has introduced a new data heavy plan, offering 4GB of 3G/4G data per day, along with unlimited local and STD calls at a price of Rs 999. However, the 999 Airtel plan is only available for prepaid users who recharge their mobile numbers with Rs 999.
To check if the Airtel prepaid number is eligible for the new 999 plan, users need to head to Airtel’s recharge portal and enter their number. After entering the ten digit mobile number, users can head to the ‘Browse Packs’ section and select ‘Internet’ as the sub category on the desktop website. The special recharge offer can also be availed from the My Airtel app.
Further, users can get a discount of upto 50 percent on the Rs 999 pack if they choose to recharge using Airtel Payments Bank.
Airtel’s Rs 999 prepaid plan will give users a total of 112GB data for 28 days (4GB per day). It is in direct competition with Reliance Jio’s 999 plan which offers 90GB of data for a period of 90 days, including unlimited local and STD calls to all operators.
Last month, Airtel had announced another plan to compete with Reliance Jio. Airtel's Rs 399 plan offers customers 84GB data for 84 days, along with unlimited calls. However, unlike the above mentioned Rs 999 plan, this 399 plan is only valid for Airtel 4G prepaid users.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures