Airtel has announced the launch of VoLTE services in Kolkata. Its customers will now be able to place calls on Aitel's 4G netrwork with over 100 compatible smartphones, which can be checked out here. Sameer Anjaria, CEO, West Bengal & Odisha, Bharti Airtel said, “We are delighted to extend our VoLTE footprint to Kolkata with the launch of our services today. Complementing our world class 4G network, VoLTE will add to the customer experience and our range of smartphone offerings.” In case Airtel's 4G network is not available, the VoLTE calls will automatically be made using 3G/2G network.
Read the complete press release below
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications service provider, today announced the launch of its VoLTE services in Kolkata. Airtel VoLTE, which works over 4G, will enable customers across the city to enjoy HD quality voice calls with faster call set up time. Customers can call any mobile, landline network using Airtel VoLTE.
Over 100 4G smartphone models are now compatible with Airtel VoLTE, allowing customers to enjoy HD calling with faster call set up time on India’s leading smartphone network. With the best of devices from popular brands like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, and Xiaomi, customers can now choose from the best of flagship 4G smartphones including the iPhone X, iPhone 8 series, Samsung S7 & S7 Edge, OnePlus 5 & 5T to enjoy Airtel VoLTE services.
Sameer Anjaria, CEO, West Bengal & Odisha, Bharti Airtel said, “We are delighted to extend our VoLTE footprint to Kolkata with the launch of our services today. Complementing our world class 4G network, VoLTE will add to the customer experience and our range of smartphone offerings.”
There will be no additional data charges for VoLTE and calls will be billed as per existing plan or packs benefits. Airtel’s wide 4G network coverage enables seamless connectivity on Airtel VoLTE and in case of non-availability of 4G network, Airtel VoLTE calls will automatically fall back on 3G/2G network to ensure that customers continue to stay connected at all times.
How to get Airtel VoLTE
Popular devices are now shipped with Airtel VoLTE support & customers have an option to download operating software post purchase of the 4G smartphone to enjoy Airtel VoLTE services. Existing users of these smartphones can an easily experience Airtel VoLTE services by following a few quick steps:
- Check mobile device compatibility by logging on to www.airtel.in/volte
- Upgrade the mobile device’s operating software to the latest version. This update is provided by the handset manufacturer.
- Now, enable VoLTE by following the instructions on www.airtel.in/volte
Customers with Dual-SIM handsets have to ensure that the Airtel 4G USIM has been inserted in the data SIM slot 1 and network mode has been set as “4G/3G/2G (Auto)”.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures