Airtel has integrated the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on its payment platform. The feature allows users to make digital payments to online or offline merchants and enables instant money transfers to any bank account in India. Airtel Payments Bank allows customers to link their account with any UPI handles on apps such as BHIM or UPI apps of other banks.
Read the complete press release below
Airtel Payments Bank has become the first payments bank in India to integrate the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) on its digital platform. This will add to customer choice and convenience for making secure digital payments to online/offline merchants and making instant money transfers to any bank account in India.
UPI enabled payments and money transfers will add another dimension to Airtel Payments Bank, which has a vast network reach, particularly in deep rural pockets, and a wide merchant ecosystem that accepts digital payments from its customers.
Shashi Arora, MD and CEO, Airtel Payments Bank said, "We are pleased to announce UPI integration with Airtel Payments Bank. This would allow all our 20mn bank customers to create their personalised UPI handles on the Airtel app, and enable them to make digital payments in both the offline & the online space. Our bank customers would also be able to link their bank accounts on Bhim app and make UPI payments.”
Mr. Dilip Asbe, Chief Operating Officer, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) said, “Payments banks are capable of facilitating remittances and payments to a large user base especially to underserved area as per RBI’s vision. We are happy to on-board Airtel Payments Bank on BHIM/UPI platform. Through this association, we foresee significant rise in digital transactions at untapped merchant locations and person-to-person payments space.”
For UPI based payments and transfers, customers are not required to furnish their bank details to enable transactions and can create easy to remember IDs, ensuring optimal data security. Customers can also use MyAirtel app (Bank section) to scan any UPI QR code for making merchant payments. Online and offline merchants can leverage Airtel Payments Bank as a payment mode to accept payments seamlessly from their customers. UPI is now accepted across categories of merchants including billers, insurance , travel, retail etc. both online and offline .
How can customers create their Airtel Payments Bank UPI handle:
· Customers need to update their My Airtel App
· Select UPI from the ‘Bank’ section
· Create personalized handle name (E.g.: mobile no@airtel). Default will the customer’s mobile number
Customers can also link their Airtel Payments Bank savings accounts to any of their UPI handles on popular apps such as BHIM or UPI apps of other banks. This can be done by selecting Airtel Payments Bank from the link or change account section and select airtel payments bank from the listpost which customer details will be linked to the UPI handle automatically.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures