Airtel has announced the launch of its VoLTE services across Gujrat. The company claims that their Voice over LTE offers customers HD quality voice calls along with faster call setup time. The service can be used in any phone that supports 4G VoLTE. Users need to make sure they have an Airtel 4G SIM to place calls on VoLTE.
Read the complete press release below
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), India’s largest telecommunications services provider, today announced the launch of its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services across Gujarat. Airtel VoLTE, which works over 4G, will offer customers HD quality voice calls along with faster call set up time.
Airtel VoLTE will be available on popular 4G/LTE enabled mobile devices, which must have a Airtel 4G SIM. Customers can call any mobile, landline network using Airtel VoLTE. There will be no additional data charges for VoLTE and calls will be billed as per existing plan or packs benefits.
What truly differentiates Airtel VoLTE is the seamless connectivity enabled by Airtel’s wide 4G network coverage. Even in the case of non-availability of 4G, Airtel VoLTE calls will automatically fall back on 3G/2G network to ensure that customers continue to stay connected at all times. Airtel VoLTE will also allow customers to continue with their data sessions at 4G speeds while the call is in progress.
Murthy Chaganti, Chief Executive Officer – Gujarat, Bharti Airtel said, “It is our constant endeavor to offer world-class services to our customers with an aim to enhance their mobile experience. In line with this, we are delighted to launch our VoLTE services across the State enabling customers to enjoy superior quality voice calls. In conjunction with our robust 4G network in Gujarat, VoLTE will enable customers to make the most of their mobile devices and experience advanced technologies.”
How to get Airtel VoLTE:
- Check mobile device compatibility at www.airtel.in/volte. Airtel has tested and certified popular device models for VoLTE compatibility. More models will keep getting added to this list.
- Upgrade the mobile device’s operating software to the latest version that supports VoLTE. This update is provided by the handset manufacturer.
- Ensure the device has a Airtel 4G SIM. Customers can upgrade to the 4G SIM by visiting the nearest Airtel store.
- Enable VoLTE by following instructions on www.airtel.in/volte
Customers with Dual-SIM handsets have to ensure that the Airtel 4G SIM has been inserted in the data SIM slot/slot 1 and network mode has been set as “4G/3G/2G (Auto)”.
Airtel’s 4G services were made live in Gujarat in October 2016 enabling customers to enjoy internet capabilities on superfast data speeds on their mobile devices. Airtel VOLTE is already LIVE in the states of Maharashtra, Goa, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Other Popular Deals
- Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 7,000 in India right now14 upcoming mobile phones you should expect in India in 2016
- 10 smartphone sequels to look forward to in 201510 best smartphones between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000...
- Best smartphones under Rs. 15,000 with great battery backup26 upcoming & latest smartphones to check-out
- Slimmest phones you can buy in India [November 2015]The best upgrade options for 10 classic smartphones
- Huawei P8: First LookXiaomi Mi4i vs Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB): Quick Comparison
- LG G4: First LookAsus Zenfone 2 and Zenfone Selfie: In Pictures
- Sony's current & upcoming Xperia phones: An OverviewMicromax Canvas Sliver 5: First Look
- Sony Xperia C4: First LookCoolpad Dazen X7 and Dazen 1: In pictures