Apart from launching the Redmi 2 smartphone, Xiaomi also launched its Mi Pad tablet in India. Priced at Rs. 12,999, the tablet will be up for sale on March 24 and will not need registrations.
The Mi Pad has a 7.9-inch IPS display with 2048x1536 pixels resolution, 326 PPI. It is powered by a NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor along with 2GB of RAM. It comes with 16GB flash and supports 128GB of expandable storage via microSD. It has an 8MP rear camera. Full specifications at the bottom of the story.
With the Mi Pad, Xiaomi has now officially entered the Indian tablet market, currently dominated by the likes of iBall, Samsung and DataWind. Xiaomi had disrupted the smartphone market, especially the budget segment, with its high spec'd devices at attractive price. It will be interesting to see how Xiaomi performs in the tablet segment.
Apart from the Mi Pad, Xiaomi has also launched its latest smartphone Redmi 2 in India. The phone features Snapdragon 410, 64-bit quad-core 1.2GHz Processor, 4.7 inch 720p Sharp/AUO fully laminated display and 8MP camera. Check out our coverage of the Redmi 2 launch here.
Mi Pad Specs:
- Display size 7.9 inches
- IPS1080p IPS high resolution display
- Resolution2048x1536, 326 PPI
- Processor ARM Cortex-A15 Quad-core 2.2-GHz
- CPU NVIDIA Tegra K1
- GPU NVIDIA Kepler GPU, 192 CUDA cores
- RAM 2GB LPDDR3
- Flash memory 16GB
- Max Supports MicroSD (TF) external storage up to 128GB
- WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Rear camera 8MP with back-illuminated (BSI) sensor
- Front camera 5MP
- Aperture f/2.0
- Video 1080p (1920x1080) HD video recording
- Capacity 6700mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
- Light sensorYes
- Gravity sensorYes
- Digital compassYes
- Multimedia support
- Audio format mp3, aac, aac+, eaac+, amr, wb-amr, midi, ogg and more
- Video format 1080p (1920x1080, 30 frames/sec)
- MPEG4, h.263, h.264
- Picture formatJ PEG, PNG, GIF, BMP and more