The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 has been launched in China. The product page for the tablet went live a day ahead of its launch, revealing the various variants and their respective prices.
The Mi Pad 4 has an 8-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and an aspect ratio of 16:10. Pixel density stands at 283 ppi, a ppi-count that’s lower than the display on its predecessor, the Mi Pad 3. The Mi Pad 4 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset with an Octa-core processor clocking at 2.2GHz and an Adreno 512 GPU. RAM/Storage combinations include 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB. Under the proprietary UI, MIUI 10, the tablet runs Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. A notable new software feature in the Mi Pad 4 is split screen mode.
The tablet features a 13-megapixel camera sensor on the back with an aperture of f/2.0 and HDR capability. On the front, it features a 5-megapixel sensor also with an aperture of f/2.0. According to a report by MySmartPrice, it also supports an AI-assisted face unlock feature. The battery is a 6000mAh unit.
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 will ship in LTE and Wi-Fi-only variants. The LTE variant alone gets a digital compass. Pricing for the Wi-Fi-only variants starts at CNY 1099 (approx. Rs 11,500) for the model with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage and climbs to CNY 1399 (approx. Rs 14,500) for the model with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. The LTE model with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage is priced at CNY 1499 (approx. Rs 15,500). The tablet will ship in black and gold colour options. There is no word at the moment on whether Xiaomi will decide to sell the Mi Pad 4 in India or not, but it is expected to bring it to other markets.
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet