Samsung has launched the Galaxy Tab S2 in India today. The device is only 5.6mm thick, making it the slimmest tablet in the world. It is 4G capable, has a Super AMOLED display and is priced at Rs. 39,400. It comes with a 9.7-inch QXGA (2048x1536) display, an octa-core Exynos 5433 processor with 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB, 8MP rear camera and 2.1MP front shooter. There's also a 5,870mAh battery. It runs on Android Lollipop 5.0 out of the box.
Commenting on the device, Manu Sharma, Director Mobile Business, Samsung Electronics said, “The Galaxy Tab S2 is the World’s slimmest Tablet. The Galaxy Tab S2 combines features that enhance productivity and usability for a complete user experience powered by 4G data connectivity and speed. We believe the samsung galaxy tab s2Where to buy 38500 is the most complete personal visual device designed for consumers to carry and use anywhere. Given our commitment to the Indian market, the Galaxy Tab S2 is another contribution of Samsung to the Make in India campaign. This product will be made in India and made for India.”
Tablet sales all over the world have been down. In fact, the segment never really picked up, with only Apple's iPads being somewhat popular. As per an IDC report, Samsung saw a decline of 1% in sales in Q2 2015. It shipped 7.6 million units in the second quarter as compared to 8.6 million during the same time period previous year. Additionally, Samsung saw a decline of 12% on year-on-year growth. It will be interesting to see whether the newly launched galaxy tab s2Where to buy 16485 38500 would be able to raise the tablet sales graph for the South Korean manufacturer.
Recently, the company also launched Galaxy S6 Edge+ and Galaxy Note 5 at their Galaxy Unpacked Event. Both the devices have same specs with main difference being the dual-edge curved screen in Galaxy S6 Edge+. The specs of the devices are 5.7 Super AMOLED display, Exynos 7420 octa processor with 4GB RAM, 16MP rear and 5MP front camera, 32/64GB memory option, a 3,000mAh battery and TouchWiz UI based on Android Lollipop 5.1.1.
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet