Prices for the Apple iPad Pro may start at Rs. 67,900 in India, and the massive tablet might be available for purchase from December 11. According to The Quint, the 32GB WiFi model will cost Rs. 67,900, while the 128GB WiFi Model will cost Rs. 79,900. The most expensive variant of the iPad Pro, the 128GB WiFi+Cellular model, will be priced at Rs. 91,900.
Apple unveiled the iPad Pro in September alongside the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. The iPad Pro comes with a 12.9-inch Retina display, and packs a 64-bit A9x chipset. There is an 8MP camera at the back of the device, with a 1.2MP camera in the front. There is also a Smart Connector, which is used to dock the Smart Keyboard case. Additionally, the iPad Pro comes with a new stylus called the Apple Pencil. Quint’s sources did not reveal the pricing or availability of the Smart Keyboard case, or the Apple Pencil.
It seems like Apple will continue its recent trend of pricing its products in India higher than in the US. The 32GB WiFi model is priced at $799, which is roughly Rs. 53,400. The 128GB WiFi variant is priced at $949 (approx. Rs. 63,400), while the iPad Pro costs $1,079, which is about Rs. 72,000. Apple followed the same strategy with the new iPhones. The company launched the phones in India in October, with prices starting at Rs. 64,000 for the iPhone 6s, while prices for the 6s Plus started at Rs. 72,000. In the US, the base model of the iPhone 6s is priced at $649 (approx. Rs. 43,300), while prices for the iPhone 6s Plus start at $749 (approx. Rs. 50,000).
The iPad Pro’s competitor, Microsoft Surface Pro 4, is also due to launch in India soon. During the Future Unleashed conference in Mumbai, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said that the tablet will launch in India in January 2016. However, the price of the device was not revealed. Yesterday, Google finally made the Pixel C tablet available for purchase from the Google Store. The 32GB variant is priced at $499 (approx. Rs. 33,300), while the 64GB variant is priced at $599 (approx. Rs. 40,000).
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet