Nvidia has plans to launch a new gaming tablet as a part of its Shield line-up. According to the Global Certification forum (GCF) website, an Nvidia tablet with the marketing name of “SHIELD Tablet” has been given certification. Since the device has been registered as a SHIELD tablet we are pretty sure that this will be a gaming device from Nvidia. The website further reveals that the new Shield may also come with 3G and 4G connectivity. Last year Nvidia took a new step in handheld gaming with its Shield handheld gaming device. With its 5 inch display and an attached controller, the Shield looked like it could compete against the likes of the Sony Playstation Vita and the Nintendo 3DS.
The certification does not reveal the spec sheet but going with the rumors it might come with a 7.9 inch display with 2048 x 1536 resolution. The tablet in question will have a Tegra K1 processor running the show. We might be speculating but the new Nvidia Shield tablet may very well provide strong competition to the “Project Fiona” tablet from Razer.
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet