Lenovo has announced three new tablets – Tab 2 A10-70, Tab 2 A8 and Ideapad MIIX 300 – at the ongoing MWC 2015 event in Barcelona. The Tab 2 A10-70 and Tab 2 A8 run on Android, while the Miix 300 runs Windows.
First up is the Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 runs Android 4.4 and features a 10.1-inch IPS HD display. It is powered by a 64-bit quad-core MediaTek chipset along with 2GB of RAM. It is powered by a 7200 mAh battery. The Wi-Fi model of the tablet is priced at $199, while the LTE variant is priced at $279.
The Lenovo Tab 2 A8 has an 8-inch display. Starting $129, the tablet runs Android 5.0 Lollipop. It is powered by a 64-bit MediaTek quad-core processor. It features up to 32 GB of storage via a microSD card. Connectivity options include dual SIM card slots for voice and LTE for data. It has 5MP rear camera.
The Lenovo Ideapad MIIX 300 has an 8-inch display. It runs Windows 8.1 and is powered by an Intel Atom processor. It comes with 64GB of internal eMMC storage, microSD card reader. The Lenovo ideapad MIIX 300 goes on sale starting in July, start at approximately $149 USD.
Apart from the three new tabs, Lenovo has also unveiled the Vibe Shot and A7000 smartphones at the MWC 2015.
“Our new tablets prove that affordability and innovation can be synonymous,” says Jeff Meredith, vice president and general manager, Tablets, Mobile Business Group, Lenovo. “In particular, bringing LTE speed and Dolby Atmos cinema sound is expected in premium devices, but we have challenged the norm and delivered these consumer-desired features to our entry A Series in order to elevate the mobile connected experience.”
“The best entertainment experiences put you in the heart of the action, and that’s what Dolby Atmos is designed for,” adds John Couling, senior vice president, E-Media Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. The combination of Dolby Atmos sound and the superior digital performance of the TAB 2 are a winning combination, and we are excited to collaborate with Lenovo to provide an outstanding experience that deepens consumer engagement with entertainment on the go.”
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet