Lenovo has launched the first Moto-branded Android tablet in five years. Called the Moto Tab, the device is currently only available in the US via AT&T. The tablet is priced at $299.99 without contract and can also be purchased for $15 a month for 20 months with AT&T's installment plan starting this Friday. The Moto Tab is primary intended as an entertainment device and features a 10.1-inch Full HD display. The tablet is powered by Qualcomm's octa-core Snapdragon 625 chipset coupled with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. There is also an option to expand the storage by up to 128GB via a microSD card slot.
With Moto Tab, AT&T has added its own customisation in the form of TV Mode, through which users can launch their favourite shows, movie and content by swiping from the home screen. The TV Mode launches DirecTV for live TV channels and recorded video content. The Moto Tab also houses dual front-firing speakers with Dolby Atmos.
Lenovo Home Assistant Pack (Source: Lenovo)
The Moto Tab runs Android 7.1 Nougat with support for up to seven user profiles and ability to unlock individual profiles with their own fingerprint. "Multi-user mode allows parents, teens and young ones to make the Moto Tab their primary tablet device in the home," Lenovo says in its blog post. The tablet also supports Kids Mode in which children will only be able to view curated content and approved websites.
The tablet houses a 7000mAh battery and supports fast charging via a USB Type C port. Along with Moto Tab, Lenovo is also offering optional Lenovo Home Assistant Pack, a premium stand with dual mics and powerful 3w speakers. Another optional accessory is Lenovo Productivity Pack offering a Bluetooth ThinkPad keyboard with TouchPad mouse and folio case.
Other Popular Deals
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet