Lenovo has forayed into the Indian tablet market with the launch of three new tablets - ThinkPad Tablet, IdeaPad K1 and IdeaPad A1. Lenovo has also announced that it is going to launch several tablets of varying sizes and platforms over the next six months.
The new tablets are the company’s first mobile Internet devices featuring the Android 3.1 platform. The tablets feature NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core mobile processors, which offer multitasking, faster web browsing with built-in Flash support, console-quality gaming and low power consumption for improved battery life.
While the 10-inch ThinkPad Tablet comes with business-friendly features, the 10-inch IdeaPad K1Where to buy 1477 is tailor made for users looking for entertainment on the go. The forthcoming seven-inch Ideapad A1 will offer enhanced mobility and entertainment experience at an affordable price, says Lenovo in its press release. The new Lenovo tablets are pre-loaded with Lenovo App Shop as well as Android Market.
Unveiling the tablets for India, Amar Babu, Managing Director-Lenovo India said:
“Tablets are extremely personal technology devices used primarily for data consumption. Lenovo’s tablet strategy is to create a family of tablets suited to various entertainment and mobility requirements. So whether it’s the IdeaPad for entertainment or the ThinkPad for business, we have listened to our customers and are delivering Android tablets designed to meet their particular needs. We have also loaded our tablets with a lot of distinct features that will make these machines very appealing.”
- An accurate pressure sensitive ThinkPad Tablet Pen which provides ease of jotting down notes (which automatically convert to handwritten text) mark up documents and draw pictures
- A 2MP front-facing camera for video calls and Social Touch—a unique application that pulls it all together in an easy to use widget
- Facilitates projection of 1080 video to External Displays
- Easy viewing and editing of Microsoft Office documents with Documents to Go by DataViz
- Provides easy and secure e-mail access with Good Technologies (certified) and Cisco VPN support Control device security with Active Directory Password, Microsoft ActiveSync integration and encrypted user data and SD Cards
Starting from Rs. 29,500/- (16GB,WiFi)); Rs. 41,900/- (32GB, 3G); Rs. 46,900/- (64GB, 3G)
IdeaPad K1Where to buy 1477 Tablet
- A 2MP front-facing camera for superior video conferencing and 5MP rear camera for high definition recording
- Superior connectivity with WiFi, 3G and mini HDMI port for High Definition viewing on an HDTV and the micro SD port for maximizing storage
- Seamless cloud sharing by synchronizing online multimedia files from the IdeaPad™ Tablet to personal Cloud with the touch of a finger
- 40 plus pre-loaded apps, covering shopping, search, media, gaming and communications and multimedia editor
- Unlimited web access, rapid performance with the powerful Android 3.1 OS combined with the latest Flash support
Priced at Rs. 29,500/-(32GB, WiFi); Rs. 33,990/- (32GB, 3G)
IdeaPad A1 Tablet
- A mobile entertainment device with a 7-inch premium display and touch, weighing just 1.7 lbps and thickness of 0.5-inch
- GPS navigation with offline map available in Lenovo app
- Optimized for the web with Flash, full DRM and instant data syncing
- The only Android 2.3 in 7-inch with full support of 10.2 Flash content, plus Lenovo SocialTouch to manage all social networking engagements on a single, easy-to-use interface
- Dual app store (Lenovo App Shop and the Android Market) ensures ready access to thousands of quality apps
Priced at Rs. 14,990/- (16GB, WiFi)
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet