Google is reportedly planning to announce a new non-Nexus tablet at its event, later today. The 10.2-inch tablet will apparently be called the Pixel C. Google had previously released the Chromebook Pixel in 2013, and its follow-up device, the Chromebook Pixel (2015), in March this year. Interestingly, the Pixel C will be running on Android, instead of Chrome OS.
Android Police reports, that the device, codenamed Ryu, will have a 10.2-inch screen with 308ppi pixel density and maximum brightness value of 500nits. The tablet will be powered by the NVIDIA Tegra X1 quad-core processor with Maxwell GPU and 3GB of LPDDR4 RAM. A USB Type-C port will also be present. The Pixel C will be adhering to the design philosophy of the Chromebook Pixels, featuring a premium metal build. The lightbar will be retained on the backside, indicating battery life.
The Pixel C will allegedly have two optional keyboard accessories, an aluminium and a leather variant. They can be paired with the tablet and will charge automatically when it is closed. Instead of running Chrome OS, the Pixel C is expected to run the latest Android v6.0 Marshmallow. Both the Chromebook Pixels have been fairly expensive, and the Pixel C is not supposed to be an exception.
Google is set to announce two new Nexus smartphones along with the public release of Android Marshmallow, at today’s event in San Francisco. While LG has made the 5.2-inch Nexus 5X, Huawei is behind the larger 5.7-inch Nexus 6P. Rumours suggest that the Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P will be priced at $379.99 (approx. Rs. 25,200) and $499.99 (approx. Rs. 33,200), respectively. Google is also expected to announce Chromecast 2 at the event in San Francisco. Google is expected to formally announce the release of Android v6.0 Marshmallow, that is scheduled to roll out from October 5th.
The Pixel C may be announced at Google’s event today, with sales commencing from November. The event will begin today at 9:30pm IST and will be streaming live on Google’s channel on YouTube.
Source: Android Police
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet