Datawind launched its new tablet, the UbiSlate 7C+x, in India. Priced at Rs. 4,999, the budget tablet will sell via all modes of Naaptol’s shopping platform. It will be made available with other channel partners of Datawind within a week. Datawind has partnered with Reliance Communications to provide free 2G internet connectivity for one year.
The Datawind UbiSlate 7C+x has dual-SIM card slots, and is based on Android operating system. It is powered by a dual-core processor, has voice calling, and 4GB of internet storage which is expandable upto 32GB. It will have 2G internet connectivity. The tablet also comes with a microUSB-powered keyboard case.
Datawind has been known to provide free internet access with previous devices. However, to use free data for a year with the UbiSlate 7C+x, users will need to access internet via Datawind’s patent UbiSurfer. There will also be a separate application to access Facebook and email. Asked whether this will be a violation of net neutrality, Datawind’s President-CEO Suneet Singh Tuli told PTI, “It is perfectly net neutral. We are not discriminating among websites. Customers can access any website through our patent UbiSurfer. We are working on an advertisement based revenue model as we now want to be known as company that provides free internet, not just as low cost device maker.”
Along with the launch of this new tablet, Datawind has also announced that all of their devices will get one year of free internet browsing, via UbiSurfer. Any data accessed with other browsers will be charged. Datawind is also increasing its manufacturing facilities in India. With increases in excise duties, the Canadian company has claimed that it has set up assembly line that is capable of 2 lakh units output every month. It is also in talks with contractual manufacturers to set up additional facilities.
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet