- Apple may launch 9.7-inch iPad and IPad Mini 5 next year
- Both of these will have Face ID instead of Home Button
- BOE may be the main panel supplier for both of these iPads
Apple is surrounded by a number of problems but it seems these are just unable to stop the company from moving forward. According to a report in Chinese publication, Apple is expected to launch a 9.7-inch iPad and iPad mini 5 in the first half of 2019. China Times also claims that the new iPad will also have slimmer bezels and just like the recently launched 11-inch and 12.9-inch iPad Pros, these are also expected to come with a Face ID.
The report also claims that the the iPad Mini 5 is expected to enter mass production soon and the low-priced version of the 9.7-inch iPad will go into production phase in early 2019. When it comes to the display, BOE is said to be the main panel supplier for both of these iPads. Previously, LG Display was the main supplier of displays to these devices. Ruiyi is reported to be the exclusive supplier of iPad backlight modules.
Apple recently launched the new generation of iPad Pros in two sizes: 11-inch and 12.9-inch. The new iPad Pro is 5.9mm thick and has ditched the home button in favour of Face ID. The Pro still has 4 speakers and magnets to hold and charge the new Apple Pencil. For connectivity Apple removed the lightning cable in favour of USB-C, giving users the ability to connect the iPad to a host of devices such a 5K display. The new iPad Pros can also be used as power banks to charge other devices.
Speaking of the display, the 11-inch iPad Pro has a resolution of 2388x1668 pixels giving it a pixel density of 264ppi. The 12.9-inch iPad Pro has a 2732x2048 pixel resolution giving it a resolution of 264ppi. The displays of the new iPads support 120Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, the new iPad are powered by the A12X Bionic chip. The new chip has more than 12 billion transistors. It is an 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores.
Coming to the camera, the new iPad Pros support Face ID and has Apples True Depth front facing camera. The front facing camera is a 7MP shooter, whereas the rear camera is a 12MP one with an f/1.8 aperture lens. The camera can record video at a maximum of 4K at 60fps with slow mo at 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps. The tablets also have Bluetooth 5 under the hood.
Prices of Apple iPad Pros and accessories in India
- 11-inch iPad Pro (Wi-Fi) – Starts at Rs 71,900
- 11-inch iPad Pro (Wi-Fi + Cellular) – Starts at Rs 85,900
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (Wi-Fi) - Starts at Rs 89,900
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (Wi-Fi + Cellular) – Starts at Rs 1,03,900
- Second Generation Apple Pencil – Rs 10,900
- Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Pro (11-inch) – Rs 15,900
- Smart Keyboard Folio for the new iPad Pro (12.5-inch) – Rs 17,900
- Smart Folio for iPad Pro (11-inch) – Rs 7,500
- Smart Folio for iPad Pro (12.5-inch) – Rs 9,900
Related Read:Apple iPads 2018