Apple has officially launched the iPad Pro in India. Prices for the tablet start at Rs. 67,900 for the 32GB WiFi-only variant, while the 128GB WiFi-only model will cost Rs. 79,900. The most expensive variant of the tablet, the 128GB WiFi+Cellular model, will cost Rs. 91,900. The company has also launched the Apple Pencil and Smart Keyboard in the country. The two accessories are priced at Rs. 8,600 and Rs. 14,900 respectively, and are sold separately.
The Apple iPad Pro was launched in September along with the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. The tablet comes with a large 12.9-inch Retina display, and is powered by a 64-bit A9X chipset. At the back is an 8MP camera with a 1.2MP front camera. The iPad Pro also comes with a fingerprint sensor located on the Home button, and the company claims that the device can offer up to 10 hours of battery life. Apple also announced a new accessory called a Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader, priced at $29.99. The company says that it supports USB 3.0 data transfer speeds on the iPad Pro, while all other iPad and iPhone models will have to make do with USB 2.0 transfer speeds.
Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, had announced that the company is planning to launch the Surface Pro 4 in India next month. The Surface Pro 4 comes with a 12.3-inch display with a resolution of 2736x1824 pixels. It is powered by 6th generation Intel Core processors, and has 4GB of RAM. The Surface Pro 4 will be available in 128GB, 256GB and 512GB of storage. Prices for the Surface Pro 4 start at $899, which is about Rs. 60,300. Google’s iPad competitor, the Pixel C, comes with a 10.2-inch display with a resolution of 2560x1800 pixels. The device is powered by a NVIDIA Tegra X1 processor with 3GB of RAM. The 32GB variant of the device is priced at $499 (approx. Rs. 33,500) while the 64GB variant is priced at $599 (approx. Rs. 40,200).
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet