Amazon recently launched its online marketplace in India and now the company is launching its tablets as well. A wide variety of Amazon's tablets will be available in India through Amazon’s online shopping store, amazon.in, from the 27th of this month.
The tablet portfolio includes the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 priced at Rs. 21,999, the Kindle Fire HD priced at Rs. 15,999, the Kindle Paperweight 3G priced at Rs. 13,999, the Kindle Paperweight at Rs. 10,999 and the Kindle (which is the only product in stock and available today) priced at Rs. 5,999.
As the name suggests, the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 has an 8.9-inch display with a 1920 x 1200 pixel resolution, is 8.8mm thin and weighs 567 grams. The tablet doesn’t support a SIM card. It comes in 16/32 GB storage variants. It has a 1.3MP front facing camera and compromises on a rear-facing camera. It has the TI OMAP 4470, a Dual-core 1.5GHz processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and the PowerVR SGX544 GPU.
The Kindle Fire HD on the other hand has 7-inch IPS LCD display with a 1280x800 pixel resolution. It is 10.3 mm in thickness and weighs a mere 395 grams. The tablet is available in 16/32 GB storage variants. It also has a 1.3MP front facing camera and no rear-facing camera. The Fire HD runs on Android 4.0 ICS, has the TI OMAP 4460 chipset, Dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and the PowerVR SGX540 GPU.
The only difference between the Kindle Paperweight 3G and the Kindle Paperweight is that one supports 3G and the other doesn’t. In terms of the other specification, the tablets have a 6-inch display and come with 2GB onboard storage with cloud storage support. The Wi-Fi only version weighs 222 grams and the 3G Wi-Fi weighs 213 grams.
With the introduction of the Amazon store in India and the Kindle tablets it looks like the tablet market in India is heating up with competition. We have already seen the launch of Google books and more on Android devices and there is an Amazon app for Android and iOS as well. But for those that were waiting for a Kindle tablet, for them, the wait is finally over.
Kindle Fire HD listed on Amazon
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet