Amazon has launched the latest model of its e-book reader, the Kindle Oasis. It sports a 7-inch display with a 300 ppi resolution and is the first waterproof Kindle by the company. The device features a Paperwhite display and weighs at 194 grams. The new Kindle comes in two variants: 8GB storage with Wi-Fi and a 32GB storage variant with Wi-Fi and free 3G. The two Kindle variants are priced at Rs 21,999 and Rs 28,999 respectively. By free 3G, Amazon means that the Kindle will have a pre-activated Vodafone 3G connection, which is paid for by Amazon.
Amazon has touted the new Kindle Oasis to be IPX8 waterproof. It can withstand immersion up to two meters of freshwater for up to 60 minutes. It also gets some new features such as new fonts and bold settings and ragged right alignment options which allows users to read using left-aligned text instead of justified alignment. Amazon also says that the new size and bold settings, along with the ragged right alignment, will be delivered as an over-the-air updates to Kindle Paperwhite (Gen 6 released in 2013) and newer Kindle devices.
Amazon claims that the new Kindle Oasis can be fully charged in under two hours using a 5W charger that is sold separately and lasts for weeks on a single charge. It can also be charged under 3 hours using a computer USB. The Kindle Oasis also comes with different cover options that allow for hands-free reading.
Covers for the device are available in two materials, water-safe fabric covers and premium leather covers, priced at Rs 2,999 and Rs 3,999 respectively. The water-safe fabric covers are available in Indigo, Charcoal and Sandstone colours, while the leather covers will come in Black or Merlot colours. The covers can also be folded into a stand for hands-free reading.
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet