Amazon has announced its newest range Kindle tablets- the Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle FireWhere to buy 835 11999 22500 HD 7, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 and a new improved Kindle Voyager e-reader. The new tablets start at $99 (Rs. 6100 approx) and go up to $594 (Rs.36,100 approx). All tablets will be available in the US from October and are expected to reach Indian shores soon after.
Both tablets; the Kindle Fire HD 6 and Kindle FireWhere to buy 835 11999 22500 7 come with quad-core processors inside with two cores clocked at 1.2GHz and the other two clocked at 1.5GHz. As is made clear by their names the two tablets come with a 6 inch (Kindle Fire HD 6) and 7 inch (Kindle Fire HD 7) display respectively. Both tablets boast 1280 x 800p resolution and a 2MP camera at the back. Both tablets come with 1GB of RAM and 8GB or 16GB onboard storage options. Amazon has also updated the OS and both tablets are running on Fire OS 4.0 which is based on Android Kitkat 4.4.
The Kindle FireWhere to buy 835 11999 22500 HDX 8.9 runs on the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset with quad-cores clocked at 2.5GHz accompanied by 2GB of RAM. With a screen resolution of 2560 x 1600p, the new Fire HDX 8.9 will compete against flagship tablets from other OEMs. The tablet boasts an 8MP rear camera with f/2.2 lens coupled with LED flash. The tablet comes in Wifi and 4G models with storage options of 16, 32 or 64 GBs. The new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 also runs on Fire OS 4.0.
The New e-reader from Amazon, the Kindle Voyager, is a thinner, lighter and better version of the last gen Kindle PaperwhiteWhere to buy 549 549. A new automatic brightness adjustment has been added to the new e-reader which comes as a good upgrade from the last gen. The touch screen has been upgraded as well with better sensitivity. The left and right bezels of the Kindle Voyager come with buttons which you can press to navigate through pages.
The Kindle Voyager is priced at $199 (Rs.12,100 approx). Besides these a new Kindle Paperwhite was also announced which boasts better screen sensitivity and starts at $79 (Rs. 4,800 approx)
All tablets are expected to come to the Indian market later this year.
- In Pictures: Asus ZenFone Selfie, ZenPad, Zen AiOFirst Impressions: Micromax Canvas Laptab
- Comparsion: Mi Pad vs Nexus 9 vs iPad Mini 3Top 10 Android tablets with voice/3G support under Rs....
- First Look: HP Pro series, ElitePad tablets and othersAt a glance: Digiflip Pro range of tablets from Flipkart
- Nexus 9: A look at Google's new tabletHands On: Huawei Honor X1
- Hands-on: Dell's ultra-thin Venue 8 tablet with Intel Real...Unboxing: DIGITAB DT-LM72T - Digisol's first Android tablet
- Asus Fonepad 7XOLO Play Tegra Note Tab
- Computex 2014: Dell Venue 8 Android tabletApple iPad Air 2 vs. Google Nexus 9: Specs comparison
- Unboxing: MOSTI Chhota Bheem Tab (for kids)iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G budget Android tablet