- FIPS Level 3 Validated DataTraveler 6000 USB Flash driveWhere to buy 299 498 2149 Offers
- Military-Grade Data Protection
- Helps Address Mounting Privacy and Regulations Concerns
Mumbai, INDIA– September 29, 2011 – Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the DataTraveler 6000 (DT6000) USB Flash drive, which protects sensitive data with Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3 Validation and 100-percent encryption. For financial service organizations and government agencies that need the strongest data protection in mobile storage devices, the DT6000 meets data-at-rest regulations and is the most secure USB Flash drive available on the market.
The Kingston DT6000 utilizes patented Secured by Spyrus Technology which supports 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption using XTS block cipher mode. XTS is current generation technology that provides much stronger protection than other block cipher modes such as CBC and ECB. The DT6000 uses ‘military-grade’ elliptic curve cryptography (ECC), which is recommended by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) as part of its Suite B set of cryptographic algorithms.
Organizations spend millions of dollars annually on network security to thwart hackers and other outsider threats. A recent study by the Ponemon Institute highlighted that nearly half of organizations surveyed lost sensitive or confidential information on USB drives over the last two years, and that on average 12,000 customer records per organization were lost. For many organizations, steps to protect data on portable devices remain unimplemented for a variety of reasons despite the risks in using unsecured drives in the workplace. Frequent news stories show that security breaches associated with USBs are more often the result of negligence (lost drives) and a lack of security policy, education and enforcement rather than malicious intent. In other words, having an unencrypted USB drive is a potential data breach in one’s pocket. For the full study by the Ponemon Institute, please download it at https://www.kingston.com/channelmarketingcenter/secure/literature/MKP_272_Ponemon_WP.pdf.
“While enterprises and government agencies need to be able to provide remote and mobile employees access to sensitive and confidential data, establishing security policies and deploying USB products that prevent data loss is as important and immediate as an organization’s network security,” said Nidhi Sethi, Sales Director, Flash Products, Kingston India. “Using non-secure USB drives makes organizations vulnerable to data loss and breaches that can affect the company’s credibility with its employees, customers and partners. The DT6000 is the most secure USB Flash drive available and will meet the most stringent corporate or government requirements.”
While other companies concentrate on security around cloud-based services, Kingston keeps its focus on the hardware security side. Our longstanding relationships with controller and NAND Flash suppliers as well as global distribution capabilities ensure a steady supply of products to meet customer needs. Evaluation samples, which can be found at https://www.kingston.com/secure are readily available to potential customers.
Along with the DT6000, Kingston has an extensive family of secure DataTraveler USB Flash drives to match the security needs for all levels of enterprises:
- DataTraveler 4000 ― Managed (DT4000-M):Awarded highest rating of 5 out of 5 in SC Magazine’s Portable Security Devices group test (June 2011). Designed for high-value corporate deployments, the DT4000-Managed provides FIPS 140-2 Level 2 validation and is centrally managed, all at an affordable cost. Kingston partnered with BlockMaster to provide SafeConsole for Kingston, enforcing full USB management control over the drive. For the group review in SC Magazine, please visit https://www.scmagazineus.com/kingstonblockmaster--datatraveler-4000-m/review/3523/.
- DataTraveler 4000: Same features as DT4000-M but not managed.
- DataTraveler Vault Privacy ― Managed (DTVP-M): Optimal for sensitive enterprise environments with 256-bit AES encryption and the SafeConsole for Kingston central management system, which is fully customizable to meet an enterprise organization’s needs.
- DataTraveler Vault Privacy (DTVP): Same features as DTVP-M but not managed.
Kingston’s secure USB Flash drives are backed by a five-year warranty and free technical support. For more detailed information visit https://www.kingston.com/india/secureusb/.
Kingston DataTraveler 6000 Features and Specifications:
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Validated
- Ultra-Strong Security Architecture
- Drive locks down after 10 intrusion attempts and encryption key is destroyed
- No passwords stored on device or host
- Hardware designed and assembled in the U.S.
- United States National Security Agency Suite B set of cryptographic on Board
- Elliptic curve cryptography
- Secure channel communication
- Digitally signed firmware updates using Suite B SHA-384 and ECDSA P-384
- DT6000 can operate with AutoRun disabled
- Enforces tamper-free AutoRun files
- Cryptography made in the U.S.
- Enforced Complex Password: Password is user-set with a minimum of three of the four characteristics (lowercase, uppercase, characters and numbers) required to prevent unauthorized access
- Full Privacy: 100 percent of stored data is protected by 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) hardware-based encryption ― master key recreated at logon
- Customizable1: Preload content, full security policy customization, casing options
- Tamper-Proof Physical Security Barrier
- Waterproof2: Protected against water damage
- Guaranteed: Five-year warranty with free customer support
- Ruggedized: Titanium-coated stainless steel casing
- Dimensions: 3.06" x 0.9" x 0.47" (77.9mm x 22mm x 12.05mm)
- Speed3: Up to 11MB/s read, 5MB/s write
- Capacities4: 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Compatibility: Designed to USB 2.0 specifications
- Operating Temperature: 32ºF to 140ºF (0ºC to 60ºC)
- Storage Temperature: -4ºF to 185ºF (-20ºC to 85ºC)
- Minimum System Requirements:
- USB 2.0 compliant and 1.1 compatible
- Two (2) free consecutive letters required for use5
Password Protection/Data Encryption
Windows Vista (SP1, SP2)
Windows XP (SP2, SP3)
Mac OS X v.10.5.x – 10.6.x
Capacity and Features
DataTraveler 6000 2GB Secure USB
DataTraveler 6000 4GB Secure USB
DataTraveler 6000 8GB Secure USB
DataTraveler 6000 16GB Secure USB
- Minimum quantity required. Performed at the factory.
- Up to 4 ft; conforms to IEC 60529 IPX8. Product must be clean and dry before use.
- Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
- Please note: Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/flash_memory_guide.
- First free drive letters after physical devices such as system partition, optical drives, etc.
To view Kingston's FIPS 140-2 Validation Certificate No. 1438, please visit:
To find out if your Kingston product is genuine, Kingston also provides an online verification site: www.kingston.com/asia/verify. To try the game “Search for Genuine Kingston”, please go to https://anti-counterfeit.kingston-blog.com. For the interesting animation: The Adventures of Rex, please visit: www.theadventuresofrex.com.
Avnet India Pvt Ltd, Ingram Micro, Neoteric Informatique Limited, HCL Infosystems Limited, Compuage Infocom Limited, Transtek Infoways Private Limited, Shree Pati Computers Private Limited.
Avnet India Pvt Ltd, Fortune Marketing, HCL Infosystems Limited, Compuage Infocom Limited, Neoteric Informatique Limited, Shree Pati Computers Private Limited.
Liaison Office (India)
808, Palm Spring Center, Above Croma,
Link Road, Malad West,
Mumbai – 400064
Phone number: 022 42230300
Fax: 022 42230399
About Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
Kingston Technology Company, Inc. is the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Kingston designs, manufactures and distributes memory products for desktops, laptops, servers, printers, and Flash memory products for PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Through its global network of subsidiaries and affiliates, Kingston has manufacturing facilities in California, Taiwan, China, and sales representatives in the United States, Taiwan, China, India, Australia, Vietnam, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com/india.
# # #
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.