Fujifilm has unveiled the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens.
Fujifilm India Private Limited, a pioneer in imaging technologies, today announced its latest offering for the Indian market – FUJIFILM X100V, the flagship product from the X series range. The latest model in the product line-up is known for its superior image quality combined with functional beauty and sophistication. Along with this, Fujifilm also added two new lenses i.e. XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 for its X and GFX range mirrorless camera.
FUJIFILM X100V comes equipped with the latest image sensor and image-processing engine to deliver premium-quality images with the company's signature color-reproduction technology. It is a significant upgrade over previous models and features a newly designed 23mmF2 lens, improvements to its Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder, weather resistance*, and a new tilting rear LCD monitor among a host of other updates. Using the latest generation X-TransTM CMOS 4** sensor and X-Processor 4, the X100V provides all creatives from professionals to everyday image makers with an easy to use, fully capable, and sophisticated tool that provides incredible image quality when shooting both stills and video.
The XC 35mm F2 lens and GF 45-100mm F4 lens for its X and GFX range mirrorless camera and deliver outstanding high resolution, beautiful bokeh and rich gradation with HDR (high dynamic range).
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Haruto Iwata, Managing Director, Fujifilm India Pvt. Ltd. said, “At Fujifilm, we believe in delivering meaningful innovations that improve the lives of our consumers. We have carved a niche for ourselves among consumers when it comes to delivering premium products and services. X Series is known for its differentiated experience that empowers users to explore infinite possibilities. With the launch of FUJIFILM X100V, we aim to take this legacy to the next level by offering an advanced camera system available for professionals across genres empowering them with superior imaging outputs. We are confident that our latest offering will cater to the growing needs of professional photographers in India and open up newer possibilities in the imaging industry.”
The X100V is the fifth-generation model of the X100 Series. While maintaining the Series' popular design in principle, the new model uses aluminum for the top and bottom plates of the camera body, applying advanced metal processing technology. It has achieved sharp looks to the edges while keeping the surfaces smooth. The use of a tilting rear LCD monitor and dials on the top plate enables intuitive operations and gives the camera body design sophistication exuding functional beauty. A high-performance lens with ultra-resolution has been newly developed for this model. The back-illuminated 26.1MP “X-Trans™ CMOS 4”* sensor and the “X-Processor 4” high-speed image processing engine are combined with Fujifilm's unique color reproduction technology to produce premium-quality stills and videos in “memory colors,” i.e. vivid colors exactly as you remember.
The X100V comes with Advanced Hybrid Viewfinder, the world's only** viewfinder that can be switched between optical viewfinder (OVF) and electronic viewfinder (EVF). The EVF uses a newly developed organic electroluminescent (EL) panel with capability of high-resolution, high luminance, high contrast to provide enhanced immersiveness in photography shooting experience.
The X100V is a digital camera that integrates excellent design and operability, perfected with attention to detail, with functions that achieve outstanding image quality. It will give photographic pleasure and a sense of joy to own such excellent camera to a wide range of users including professional photographers and photography enthusiasts.
· *X-Trans™ is a trademark or registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation.
· **As of February 5, 2020. According to Fujifilm.
1. Innovative features of the FUJIFILM X100V:
a) A design first approach for an image first mind
· X100V’s timeless body has top and bottom plates milled from single pieces of aluminium, which results in a refined and classic camera body with clean edges
· Finished with a beautiful, alumite satin coating, slight enhancements have also been made to the camera’s grip, ISO dial, and lens barrel to make it much more comfortable to hold and operate
· Weather resistance appears for the first time in the X100 Series when the optional AR-X100 adapter ring and the PRF-49 protection filter are attached to the X100V’s brand new lens
· Additionally, a new two-way tilting LCD touchscreen seamless sits at the back of the camera and adds another first for the series as it provides intuitive touch controls, unlocking even more possibilities for image-makers to see, frame, and create images
b) A new lens to make the most out of any image
· X100V features a new second generation 23mmF2.0 lens to ensure that every detail from its X-TransTM CMOS 4 Sensor is resolved beautifully
· Enhanced for better resolution, lower distortion, this lens is a significant step up from the ones used in past X100 Series cameras, but still maintains the same overall size and compatibility with legacy WCL/TCL conversion lens, while retaining its internal 4-Stop ND filter
· At the heart of X100V is the state-of-the-art X-TransTM CMOS 4 sensor and X-Processor 4 combination. The exceptional 26.1MP sensor uses a back-illuminated design to maximize quality and dynamic range, while its unique color filter array controls moiré and false color without the need for an optical low pass filter
· Such outstanding imaging capability is complemented by the quad-core X-Processor 4. This powerful CPU not only ensures images are quickly and smoothly processed, but thanks to a new algorithm, boosts AF performance at the luminance of -5EV
c) See the world differently
· X100V’s vastly improved hybrid viewfinder enables image-makers to quickly and easily choose between the 0.52x magnification optical viewfinder (OVF) or the 3.69M dot OLED electronic viewfinder to make their images
· Offering 95% frame coverage, the OVF provides parallax-correcting frame lines to provide an uninterrupted view of the world as it is, while the camera’s EVF delivers a real-time representation of the image as it is being made
· The Electronic Range Finder (ERF) function can also be selected to display a small EVF at the bottom right corner of the OVF, which gives image-makers another tool as they frame and make their images
d) More than just a still camera
· X100V offers the ability to record 4K video up to 30 frames per second or capture 120 frames per second at 1080p to create super slow motion effects
· Filmmakers needing extreme color fidelity can record 10-bit, 4:2:2 color externally via the HDMI port and leverage Fujifilm’s advanced color reproduction technology, to apply Film Simulations, like ETERNA, to their video footage
· Additionally, image makers can also incorporate numerous shooting functions, such as “monochromatic Color” and “Color Chrome Effect” to extend their creative visions directly to the footage being recorded
e) Various optional accessories for expanding photographic enjoyment
· The use of the adapter ring “AR-X100” and the protection filter “PRF-49” makes this camera dust and moisture resistant for users to enjoy shooting in light rain or dusty outdoor conditions.
· Two conversion lenses are available to alter the camera’s focal length without compromising its optical performance or f-stop value, further broadening photographic pleasure.
① Wide conversion lens “WCL-X100 II”
· Mounting this conversion lens widens the focal length by 0.8x to 19mm (equivalent to 28mm in the 35mm film format), perfect for landscape photography.
② Tele-conversion lens “TCL-X100 II”
· Mounting this conversion lens extends the focal length by 1.4x to 33mm (equivalent to 50mm in the 35mm film format), ideal for portraiture taking advantage of a natural perspective.
· The genuine leather case “LC-X100V” gives a premium appearance. A memory card or a battery can be replaced while the case is attached to the camera.
*With the combined use of the AR-X100 Adapter ring and the PRF-49 protection filter
**X-TransTM is FUJIFILM Corporation’s trademark or registered trademark. The sensor has a unique non-periodic filter array to reduce the appearance of moire patterns and false colors without the use of an optical low-pass filter.
2. Innovative features of XC35mm F2 Lens:
· The prime normal-length lens is designed for APS-C-format FUJIFILM X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 53mm equivalent focal length
· Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers greater control over depth of field. Aperture Range: f/2 to f/16
· Two aspherical elements limit distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering
· Stepping motor autofocus system is fast, near-silent, and precise, making it suitable for both stills and video applications. It also uses an internal focusing design to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote quicker focusing response
· Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
· Compatible with all Fujifilm X Series Mirrorless Cameras
MRP - 16,999
3. Innovative features of GF45-100mm F4
· Standard zoom offers a 36-79mm equivalent 35mm format focal length to realize a versatile range of fields of view to suit a wide variety of shooting applications
· Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range
· One Super ED element and one ED element greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for greater clarity and color accuracy
· Three aspherical elements control field curvature, distortion, and spherical aberrations in order to maintain a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering
· A linear AF motor is used for quick, quiet focusing performance to suit both photo and video applications. Also, an internal focusing design maintains the overall length of the lens during focusing and promotes quicker focusing movement
· Optical Image Stabilization system compensates for up to five stops of camera shake to realize sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
· Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality
· Physical aperture ring allows for intuitive adjustment over exposure settings and incorporates a C (Command) position to permit a camera-based aperture setting.
· Dust- and weather-sealed magnesium alloy construction enables working in harsh climates and temperatures as low as 14°F
· Compatible with all Fujifilm GFX Series Mirrorless Cameras
MRP - 1,92,999