The all new Raspberry Pi 2 has been announced with an upgraded quad-core processor clocked at 900MHz (which can be overclocked), and 1GB of RAM. This is an upgrade to the B+ model and the best part is that the company has kept the same low price point of $35 (Rs. 2,150 approx.).
It can support up to to 4 USB connections, a micoSD card, and the rest is pretty much same as the previous board including an HDMI port and a full size ethernet port. The old ARMv6 single core processor has been replaced by a quad-core Cortex-A7 (ARMv7) which is 6 times faster and the new instruction set can provide a 20x increase in video decoding performance.
The Raspberry Pi 2 will also support a custom version of Windows 10 which is being developed by Microsoft for free. For just $35 it does sound like a sweet deal. The older B+ model will still be available for industrial customers and the Raspberry Pi A+ will also be available at $20.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhs
- Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this DiwaliBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card