As per information from the sources, it has been established that Intel has been busy churning out design plans for the next-generation of processors codenamed “Sandy Bridge” which are based on 32nm fabrication process .They are slated to be the successor to the upcoming generation of Nehalem processors.
Although, Intel has remained silent about the proposed release and specifications of the upcoming processors, it appears that the leak has revealed some clues about the upcoming processors and their technical specifications. The Sandy Bridge processors presumably run on the Socket LGA 1155 architecture with a minimum clock speed of 3.1GHz. Though this leak appears to be a rumor until an official announcement from Intel, you could take a sneak peek at the leaked specifications of the upcoming processors, which are as follows:
- Core I7 2600: Quad-core processors with Hyper-Threading, 3.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache
- Core i5 2400: Quad-core processors without Hyper-Threading, 3.1 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache
- Core i5 2500: Quad-core processors without Hyper-Threading, 3.3 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache
- Core i3 2100: Dual-Core with Hyper-Threading, 3.1 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache
- I3 2120 Core: Dual-Core with Hyper-Threading, 3.3 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache