AMD has kept Intel busy this year, pushing the blue team to launch more competitive CPUs to go against the Ryzen CPUs and from what we know till now, 2018 won’t be any different. A newly leaked roadmap suggests that Intel is gearing up to launch multiple processors next year as well. The leak reveals that Intel will be replacing the Skylake-X and Kabylake-X with the Cascade Lake-X line of processors in Q4 2018. There is no info about the core count, clock speeds as of now. However, My Drivers reports that the Cascade Lake-X line will probably be based on 14nm++ and hence may use the same LGA2066 socket. The CPUs may even work with the current gen X299 motherboards, but considering that Intel has been changing motherboards lately, we can’t be sure for now.
Just like the HEDT (Cascade Lake-X) processors, Intel will be continuing its Coffee Lake processors for the consumers side. Till now, we have already seen 4-core and 6-core variants in the new 8th gen Intel lineup. According to the leaked roadmap, Intel will be introducing 2-core CPUs in the lineup as well, along with the rest of the 300 series motherboards (H-series and B-series). The leaked image does not show if the platform will replaced or upgraded in the coming year, which is a good thing. However, it is still too early to say and we are not sure what AMD will have in store for us, as it will be announcing the second generation of its Ryzen processors in the middle of next year.
Lastly, we have the new Gemini Lake CPU lineup. These are the new entry level embedded processors, which we will see in budget laptops and tablets in the next year. These will be available in dual core and quad-core variants and will use 10W of power. That said, the TDP is yet to be finalized and the final products may vary.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhs
- Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this DiwaliBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card