The Intel Compute Stick is now available on Flipkart. The device can turn any TV into a working computer. The Compute Stick is just a little bigger than a normal sized pendrive and can be carried around in your pocket. While Mini PCs have been around for a while, the Intel Compute Stick packs similar hardware in an even smaller body. The device offers plug and play and comes with Windows 8.1 with Bing. It is priced at Rs. 9,999.
Intel has launched two variants of the device, one with Windows 8.1 and one with Linux, the Ubuntu 14.04 distro to be more precise. While the Windows variant is the one selling on Flipkart, both are powered by an Intel Atom processor Z3735F SoC. This is a quad-core processor with burst speeds of 1.83GHz. The Compute StickWhere to buy 6699 Windows variant will come with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The Ubuntu variant on the other hand has 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage. It also has a micro-SD card slot, which can take upto 128GB of storage.
The Intel Compute Stick uses a microUSB port for its power requirements. It requires 5V of power, which can either be provided via the wall charger that comes with the device or via a USB port on the display itself. Other connectivity features include a full USB2.0 port, Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi. Since the Intel Atom does not support passive cooling, the stick has a small fan built fan which keeps it cool.
Commenting on the launch, Rajiv Bhalla - Director, Sales and Marketing - Intel South Asia said, “Intel continues to look for great ways to deliver new product opportunities for our end users and channel partners. The Intel Compute Stick takes computing to the next level and helps deliver the best computing experience possible in an incredibly small device. It brings computing to new devices and environments, transforming the way, when and how we compute. We are extremely pleased to bring this revolutionary device to India.”
Intel is providing 1 year warranty with the Compute StickWhere to buy 6699. The device might not be powerful enough to replace your primary PC but can certainly work as a secondary or entertainment device. The device can also be used by offices to work on confidential tasks and since it is plug and play all the user needs to have is a monitor with an HDMI port and a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhs
- Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this DiwaliBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card