Google and Asus have launched Chromebit, a Chrome OS based computer on a stick. The device weighs just 75 grams can can be plugged into a HDMI port on any display, be it a monitor, TV, or a projector. The device comes with 16GB of onboard storage and 2GB of RAM. The Chromebit is powered by a Rockchip processor and has a USB port to plug in wired peripherals. It also supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. The device is available in Cacao Black and Tangerine Orange colour variants and is priced at $85, which is approximately Rs. 5,600. The device will be available in the US, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Taiwan, and the UK. Google and Asus have not announced when it will launch the device in other parts of the world.
The Chromebit was announced by Google and Asus earlier this year. While its does look a bit like the first Chromecast, the Chromebit is a complete Chrome OS machine and can run most web apps. However, the lack of processing power may hinder heavy useage. However, it’s light weight makes it quite portable and may be useful for those who are constantly on the go.
The Intel Compute Stick is another device that can turn any display into a computer. The device is powered by an Intel Atom Z3735F SoC with burst speeds of 1.83GHz. The Windows variant of the Compute Stick comes with 2GB RAM with 32GB of storage. The Ubuntu variant of the device comes with 1GB of RAM and 32GB internal storage. Both variants come with a microSD card slots and can support cards up to 128GB. The Intel Compute Stick was launched at a price of Rs. 9,999.
Last month, InFocus launched a portable desktop computer called the Kangaroo. The device is available in the US and is priced at $99, which is about Rs. 6,500. The device is powered by a quad-core Intel Cherry Trail Atom X5-Z8500 processor with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. The device also comes with a removable base unit which added a HDMI port, a USB 2.0, and a USB 3.0 port, as well as a DC power port.
Other Popular Deals
- Best Gaming PC config under Rs. 60,000 (November 2015)Build a gaming PC under Rs. 50,000 (Dec 2014)
- Best graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.10,000 in IndiaBest graphics cards (GPUs) under Rs.5,000 in India
- First look: Gigabyte BRIX PCKingston HyperX Predator PCIe SSD 480 GB
- 13 PC cabinets for your gaming rig under Rs. 10,000Graphics cards for every budget
- Top Routers under Rs.5,000ECS Liva X Mini PC
- Kickass Gaming Machine under Rs.60,000Digit builds India's fastest PC worth Rs 16.5 lakhs
- Best 802.11 AC Routers to buy this DiwaliBuild an HTPC under Rs. 30,000 (Dec 2014)
- 6 Mini PCs you can buy todayGigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming Graphics Card